Oh good old Jack White. I have to admit, for years, I didn't 'get' what was so special about him. Much like some other bands I have gotten into, it took a certain amount of musical sophistication and maturity for me to appreciate the white stripes. What really got me hooked was the raconteurs two records and the film 'It' might get loud'.
See Jack is really brilliant. It does sadden me to see the white stripes end, but I think it's a natural thing and if you have seen their final live concert film 'under the great white northern lights' you would see that it was time for that show to end, on the best note possible perhaps. I must admit I find their recent announcement of their breakup to be a bit trivial, but I think one of these days, it'l happen if it is supposed to.
Anyway on to Mr. White's other collaborations, he made two fanstastic records with Brenden Benson, as well as the albeit off kilter but really fun and interesting dead weather.
White is the model of musical success. He is always working, always pushing himself and challenging his own boundries, with a seamingly endless supply of great songs. and he has a great business model going for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment